- What do I need to bring with me when I come to the office?
- How long will this visit last?
For new patients please allow 2 hours - this is for testing and seeing physician
For follow up visit allow 1 hour.
- Can my family come back when I am called?
Please allow time to talk with your physician one-on-one. This gives us a chance to provide personalized care and efficiently run tests. We will have your family members join you (at your request) after an initial one-on-one consultation.
- If I have blood work scheduled, should I refrain from eating certain foods and/or drinking certain beverages?
Only if the physician has provided instructions for you to do so.
- Do I need to bring my oxygen with me?
If you are on oxygen then, yes. We also recommend that you make sure you have extra bottles with you. WE DO NOT REFILL OXYGEN BOTTLES IN OUR OFFICE.
- How can I register for my appointment?
Once your appointment is made, we will send you a link to your email so you can fill out necessary paperwork on our secure Patient Portal. This is also where you can request appointments, ask billing questions, and ‘Ask the Doctor” questions, as well as, receive your test results and a summary of your visit.
If you do not bring an x-ray with you we can do one in our office.
- What do I wear?
If you have buttons, zippers or designs on your shirts we will give you a gown to wear.
- Can I wear jewelry?
Any jewelry around your neck or chest could interfere with the x-ray (i.e. necklaces, brooches, etc). We may ask that you remove any jewelry until after your x-ray is finished. Women may be asked if they are expecting and special shielding may be required.
- I am pregnant, what now?
Shielding will be provided and we will take only one picture.
- If I recently had an x-ray completed, do I need to have another?
Please bring your recent film with you. Our physicians may require a new x-ray to be performed, but only if it is medically necessary.
- How much is too much radiation?
The radiation you receive in the office is very little. You will get more radiation exposure from the sun during your lifetime.
- Are food and drinks allowed in the office?
NO. Please be respectful of our patients and staff and do not bring food or drinks into the office. There is a vending machine on the first floor on your way out. And the hospital cafeteria is within walking distance.
- What is available for parking?
Parking is located in the Physician Plaza parking deck accessible on the side of the building and the front of the building. See the map. The Physician Plaza elevators located in the parking deck will take you directly to our office on the 5th floor.
- Can my parking ticket be validated?
NO. Unfortunately, we do not validate parking tickets. Parking is FREE the first hour then increasing increments to a maximum of $4.00.
- Is there a charge for obtaining a copy of my medical records?
Yes. We follow state guidelines that allow us to charge for providing your records in an electronic format. The best secure way to receive a copy of your medical records is by requesting through the patient portal.
- If I'm referred to an outside physician or specialist, how do I get notes from my previous visit at Pulmonary Associates?
We do not charge for sending the most recent notes and test results to a physician that is continuing your care. If, however, there is another transfer of care, we do charge for those records per guidelines listed above.
- Can I have the records faxed to me at home?
Yes, once we receive payment. AND you specify on your release that you agree to have the information faxed and the fax number.
- Can I have the records emailed to me?
No. We do not email confidential information. You can, however, make the request for your medical records through the patient portal.