COVID-19 Office Update
Pulmonary Associates of the Southeast PC continues to closely monitor the developing guidance from our national, state, and local experts, including Alabama Department of Health and the Centers for Disease Control, on the Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19).
Our practice has implemented certain processes not only to protect our providers and team members, but our patients that need our services. We continue to strictly follow guidelines for cleaning and sanitizing all exam and testing areas of the office including common areas. We must all limit exposure, and thus, transmission of the virus as much as we can. We all need to be responsible for our actions.
Effective March 17, 2020, our office initiated the following procedures:
· Morning clinic hours will be reserved for New Patient sick visits that are non-COVID-19 symptoms.
· Afternoon clinic hours Providers will be utilizing telehealth visits for patients with non-urgent needs. And routine visits will be rescheduled to a date further out.
· All office scheduled patients will be pre-screened by telephone prior to their appointment.
· It will be required that patients attend their visit alone unless they need assistance – then only one caregiver/family member will be allowed in to the office.
· People with cough will need to arrive at the office with a mask. (our supplies are extremely limited – please wear your own. If you do not have one, we will provide you with one).
· For the televisits using video, we are happy to involve others.
· Our televisits use a secure app, pMD, and require a smart phone. If you do not have a smart phone or a desktop with camera/speaker/microphone, let us know and the provider will call you without a video component. We are currently approved to utilize televisits until April 16, 2020.
· We will not perform Pulmonary Function Tests in our office; the exception will be a simple spirometry IF the provider requires it for diagnosis.
When our physicians are needed more often in the hospital than in the clinic, we will adjust these processes. We will note the change here. We suggest you bookmark this page for updates.
We have listed some of the resources we monitor below. We ask that everyone take this virus seriously. Maintain social distancing, check on the vulnerable, and call us if you have questions or concerns.
Our support staff are staggered in the clinic and working from home, but we have access to our electronic health records so we will assist you as best we can under these extenuating circumstances.
Thanks for your understanding and take care.